Blue Star Juniper Juniperus squamata "Blue Star"
- Height1 FT(30 CM)
- Spread3 FT(76 CM)
- Sunlight ConditionFull Sun
- Soil ConditionWell Drained
A dense, multistem evergreen shrub with a ground-hugging, mounding, habit of growth. Features blue, star-shaped foliage throughout the season. New growth emerges silver blue in spring. Deer do not particularly care for this plant.
- Small size shrub
- Slow growth rate
- Blue fall color
- General garden use
- Mass planting
- Rock/alpine garden
- Foundation planting
- Deer resistant
Optimal Growing Conditions:
- Plant in a full sun location
- Adaptable to both dry and moist conditions but will not tolerate standing water
- Consider applying a thick mulch around root zone to insulate in exposed or cooler locations
- Considered to be drought tolerant once established
- Will benefit from being planted in a relatively sheltered location
- Will benefit from adequate snow coverage
- Highly tolerant to urban pollution
- Low maintenance
- Best pruned in late winter or early spring once the threat of extreme cold has passed
There are no reviews for this product.
Write Your Review
You must be logged in to write a review for this product!