Blue Colorado SprucePicea pungens var. glauca
- Height50 FT(15 M)
- Spread20 FT(6 M)
- Sunlight ConditionFull Sun
- Soil ConditionMoist Well Drained
This product is not for sale online. Since no two trees are the same we invite you to come into our nursery and see our amazing selection and pick the tree that’s right for you and your location.
A very popular, extremely hardy evergreen with large, dense branching, and a strong central leader. Makes an excellent windbreak. Covered with long silver-blue pointy needles. Far more reliable color than other species. A tree of great beauty and color. New growth emerges a brighter blue than exsiting needles. Rough gray bark adds an interesting dimension to the landscape. Deer do not particularly care for this tree. Aggressive root structure which will pull any available water and nutrients from surrounding soils.
- Large size tree
- Slow initial growth rate
- All season tree
- Low canopy
- Native to parts of North America
- Shade tree
- Blue needles year round
- Winter interest
- Deer resistant
- Screen/windbreak/hedge plant
- Plant at a distance of 15 ft. centre to centre
Optimal Growing Conditions:
- Plant in a full sun location
- Adaptable to both dry and moist conditions, but cannot tolerate standing water
- Considered to be drought tolerant
- Highly tolerant of urban pollution and is able to handle environmental salt
- Low maintenance
- When pruning is required, it is recommended to only trim back the new growth of the current season, rather than to remove any dieback
There are no reviews for this product.
Write Your Review
You must be logged in to write a review for this product!