Green Colorado SprucePicea pungens
- Height50 FT(15 M)
- Spread20 FT(6 M)
- Sunlight ConditionFull Sun
- Soil ConditionMoist Well Drained
This product is not for sale online. Since no two trees are the same we invite you to come into our nursery and see our amazing selection and pick the tree that’s right for you and your location.
A very popular, extremely hardy evergreen with large, dense branching, and a strong central leader. Makes an excellent windbreak. Covered with long green, pointy needles. A tree of great beauty. New growth emerges a brighter blue/green color than exsiting needles. Rough gray bark adds an interesting dimension to the landscape. Deer do not particularly care for this tree. Aggressive root structure which will pull any available water and nutrients from surrounding soils.
- Large size tree
- Slow initial growth rate
- All season tree
- Low canopy
- Native to parts of North America
- Shade tree
- Green needles year round
- Winter interest
- Deer resistant
- Screen/windbreak/hegde plant
- Plant at a distance of 15 ft. centre to centre
Optimal Growing Conditions:
- Plant in a full sun location
- Adaptable to both dry and moist conditions, but cannot tolerate standing water
- Considered to be drought tolerant
- Low maintenance
- When pruning is required, it is recommended to only trim back the new growth of the current season, rather than to remove any dieback
There are no reviews for this product.
Write Your Review
You must be logged in to write a review for this product!