Lodgepole PinePinus contorta var. latifolia
- Height40 FT(12 M)
- Spread10 FT(3 M)
- Sunlight ConditionFull Sun
- Soil ConditionWell Drained to Dry
This product is not for sale online. Since no two trees are the same we invite you to come into our nursery and see our amazing selection and pick the tree that’s right for you and your location.
A tall, narrow evergreen, native to the rocky mountains. Our Alberta pine. Has a fairly open and loose habit with a strong central leader. Does well in poor, dry conditions. Is rugged and makes a good windbreak. Green needles are held throughout the season.
- Medium size tree
- Medium growth rate
- All season tree
- Low canopy
- Interior needles shed every two years
- Native to parts of North America
- Vertical accent
- Green needles year round
- Winter interest
- Deer resistant
- Screen/windbreak/hedge plant
- Plant at a distance of 10 ft. centre to centre
Optimal Growing Conditions:
- Plant in a full sun location
- Requires dry to average moisture levels, with very well-drained soil, and cannot tolerate standing water
- Considered to be drought tolerant
- Highly tolerant of urban pollution
- Prefers acidic soil
- Low maintenance
- When pruning is required, it is recommended to only trim back the new growth of the current season, rather than to remove any dieback
There are no reviews for this product.
Write Your Review
You must be logged in to write a review for this product!