Ponderosa PinePinus ponderosa
- Height45 FT(14 M)
- Spread20 FT(6 M)
- Sunlight ConditionFull Sun
- Soil ConditionWell Drained to Dry
This product is not for sale online. Since no two trees are the same we invite you to come into our nursery and see our amazing selection and pick the tree that’s right for you and your location.
A tall and impressive evergreen tree with gorgeous long needles and a strong central leader. Has an open appearance with a tall, rounded form. Develops a yellow hue in winter. Makes an excellent windbreak. Dark green needles are held throughout the season. The interesting exfoliating orange-brown bark adds a nice appeal to the landscape. Deer do not particularly care for this tree.
- Large size tree
- Medium growth rate
- All season tree
- Low canopy
- Interior needles shed every two years
- Native to parts of North America
- Vertical accent
- Green needles year round
- Winter interest
- Deer resistant
- Screen/windbreak/hedge plant
Optimal Growing Conditions:
- Plant in a full sun location
- Requires dry to average moisture levels, with very well-drained soil, and will not tolerate standing water
- Considered to be drought tolerant
- Intolerant of urban pollution and is able to environmental salt
- Occasional maintenance
- When pruning is required, it is recommended to only trim back the new growth of the current season, rather than to remove and dieback
There are no reviews for this product.
Write Your Review
You must be logged in to write a review for this product!