Scots PinePinus sylvestris
- Height45 FT(14 M)
- Spread20 FT(6 M)
- Sunlight ConditionFull Sun
- Soil ConditionWell Drained to Dry
This product is not for sale online. Since no two trees are the same we invite you to come into our nursery and see our amazing selection and pick the tree that’s right for you and your location.
A stunning evergreen tree with bright orange, peely, exfoliating bark at maturation. Very diverse habits of growth ranging from unique and open to compact and pyramidal with a strong central leader and a rounded form. Hardy, adaptable, and very versatile as it can be used as an accent, windbreak, or shade tree. Shaggy orange bark, is incredibly showy and adds an appealing winter interest. This tree is deer resistant but may attract porcupines.
- Large size tree
- Medium growth rate
- All season tree
- Low canopy
- Beware of porcupine damage
- Interior needles shed every two years
- Vertical accent
- Green needles year round
- Winter interest
- Deer resistant
- Screen/windbreak/hedge plant
Optimal Growing Conditions:
- Plant in a full sun location
- Requires dry to average moisture levels, with very well-drained soil, and cannot tolerate standing water
- Considered to be drought tolerant
- Highly tolerant of urban pollution
- Low maintenance
- When pruning is required, it is recommended to only trim back the new growth of the current season, rather than to remove any dieback
There are no reviews for this product.
Write Your Review
You must be logged in to write a review for this product!