White SprucePicea glauca
- Height60 FT(18 M)
- Spread20 FT(6 M)
- Sunlight ConditionFull Sun to Part Shade
- Soil ConditionMoist Well Drained
This product is not for sale online. Since no two trees are the same we invite you to come into our nursery and see our amazing selection and pick the tree that’s right for you and your location.
A very popular, extremely hardy evergreen with large, dense branching, and a strong central leader. Makes a stunning vertical accent - large and stately. Makes an excellent windbreak. Covered with dull green needles. New growth emerges a brighter green than exsiting needles. Rough gray bark adds an interesting dimension to the landscape. Deer do not particularly care for this tree. Aggressive root structure which will pull any available water and nutrients from surrounding soils. Large, hardy, native spruce. Used for naturalization, shelterbelts, parks, and large areas.
- Large size tree
- Medium growth rate
- All season tree
- Low canopy
- Native to parts of North America
- Vertical accent
- Green needles year round
- Winter interest
- Deer resistant
- Screen/windbreak/hedge plant
- Plant at a distance of 15 ft. centre to centre
Optimal Growing Conditions:
- Plant in a full sun location
- Adaptable to both dry and moist conditions, but cannot tolerate standing water
- Considered to be drought tolerant
- Somewhat tolerant of urban pollution and is able to handle environmental salt
- Low maintenance
- When pruning is required, it is recommended to only trim back the new growth of the current season, other than to remove any dieback
There are no reviews for this product.
Write Your Review
You must be logged in to write a review for this product!