Black Lace ElderSambucus nigra "Eva"
- Height8 FT(2 M)
- Spread6 FT(2 M)
- Sunlight ConditionFull Sun to Part Shade
- Flowering TimeSpring
- Flower ColorWhite
A fast growing, multi-stem deciduous shrub with an upright, spreading habit of growth. Features finely cut, dark purple foliage throughout the season. Produces attractive, clusters of tiny, creamy white blooms with a hint of pink in late spring to early summer, turning to small ornamental deep purple berries in fall. A nice substitute for a japanese maple which is not hardy in our climate.
- Medium size shrub
- Fast growth rate
- Deep purple fall color
- Produces suckers
- General garden use
- Accent/mass planting
- Naturalization/reclamation/woodlands gardens
- Attracts birds
Optimal Growing Conditions:
- Plant in a full sun to partial shade location
- Prefers average to wet conditions and will tolerate some standing water
- Will benefit from being planted in a relatively sheltered location
- Highly tolerant of urban pollution
- Ocassional maintenance
- Best pruned in late winter or early spring once the threat of extreme cold has passed
There are no reviews for this product.
Write Your Review
You must be logged in to write a review for this product!