Boyne RaspberryRubus idaeus "Boyne"
Select Size Below for Price
- Height6 FT(2 M)
- Spread4 FT(1 M)
- Flowering TimeSpring
- Flower ColorWhite
A hardy, multi-stem deciduous shrub with an upright, spreading habit of growth. Large, firm, ruby red, edible berries in mid-summer, on second year canes. Used for fresh eating, freezing, canning, and desserts. Cut old canes out after harvesting. Features green foliage throughout the season, turning to a yellow colour in fall. Higher yields with two varieties.
- Medium size shrub
- Fast growth rate
- Yellow fall colour
- Sharp thorns
- Produces suckers
- Mass planting
- Naturalization/reclamation/woodlands gardens
- Attracts birds
- Edible fruit
Optimal Growing Conditions:
- Plant in a full sun location
- Prefers average to moist conditions and should not be allowed to dry out
- Somewhat tolerant of urban pollution
- High maintenance
- Best pruned in late winter or early spring once the threat of extreme cold has passed
- Prune canes to the ground after harvesting
There are no reviews for this product.
Write Your Review
You must be logged in to write a review for this product!