Chippewa Blueberry Vaccinium "Chippewa"
Select Size Below for Price
- Height3 FT(91 CM)
- Spread3 FT(91 CM)
- Sunlight ConditionFull Sun to Part Shade
- Soil ConditionMoist Acidic
- Flowering TimeSpring
- Flower ColorWhite
A hardy, compact, multistem deciduous shrub with an upright, spreading habit of growth. Produces dainty clusters of white-pink, bell-shaped flowers in mid-spring. Large, light blueberries ripen earlier than other varieties. Good producer of sweet fruit in mid-summer. Excellent for eating fresh, cooking, baking, and making jams and jellies. Features glossy green foliage throughout the season, turning to a bright orange-red colour in fall. Requires a different selection of the same species in order to pollinate.
- Small size shrub
- Fast growth rate
- Orange-red fall colour
- Edible fruit
- Attracts birds
Optimal Growing Conditions:
- Plant in a full sun to partial shade location
- Requires moist well-drained soil
- Prefers acidic soil
- Consider applying a thick mulch around root zone to insulate in exposed or cooler locations
- Intolerant of urban pollution
- Regular maintenance
- Best pruned in late winter or early spring once the threat of extreme cold has passed
There are no reviews for this product.
Write Your Review
You must be logged in to write a review for this product!