Common CaraganaCaragana arborescens
- Height13 FT(4 M)
- Spread10 FT(3 M)
- Soil ConditionDry
- Flowering TimeSummer
- Flower ColorYellow
An open, multistem deciduous shrub with an upward spreading habit of growth. Possibly the hardiest and toughest shrub in the world. Versatile, will thrive in hostile and dry locations. Showy yellow flowers in spring. Makes a great hedge. Light green foliage throughout the season, turning to a yellow colour in fall. Features yellow pea-shaped flowers in mid summer. Smooth, olive-green bark adds an interesting dimension to the landscape. Deer do not particularly care for this plant.
- Large size shrub
- Medium growth rate
- Yellow fall colour
- Plant at a distance of 5ft centre to centre
- Naturalization/woodlands gardens
- Sharp thorns
- Produces suckers
- Attracts hummingbirds
- Winter interest
- Deer resistant
Optimal Growing Conditions:
- Plant in a full sun location
- Requires dry to average moisture levels, with very well-drained soil and will not tolerate standing water
- Considered to be drought tolerant
- Highly tolerant of urban pollution and is able to handle environmental salt
- Occasional maintenance
- Prune at any time. Do so regularly to keep it looking neat.
There are no reviews for this product.
Write Your Review
You must be logged in to write a review for this product!