Northern Gold ForsythiaForsythia ’Northern Gold’
- Height6 FT(2 M)
- Spread6 FT(2 M)
- Sunlight ConditionFull Sun to Part Shade
- Soil ConditionMoist Well Drained
- Flowering TimeEarly Spring
- Flower ColorYellow
A hardy, multistem deciduous shrub with a upright, spreading habit of growth. The earliest blooming and most hardy forsythia. Prolific golden yellow blooms appear before foliage in early spring ahead of the leaves. Beware that this plant may only flower to the snow line, as the snow protects the flower buds from extreme cold. Features dark green leaves throughout the season, turning to a yellow color in fall. Deer do not particularly care for this plant.
- Medium size shrub
- Medium growth rate
- Yellow fall color
- General garden use
- Mass planting
- Cut or dried flowers
- Deer resistant
Optimal Growing Conditions:
- Plant in a full sun to partial shade location
- Adaptable to both dry and moist conditions
- Highly tolerant of urban pollution and is able to handle environmental salt
- Low maintenance
- Prune immediately after flowering to avoid removing any of the current seasons flowers
There are no reviews for this product.
Write Your Review
You must be logged in to write a review for this product!