Red River Raspberry Rubus idaeus "Red River"
- Height3 FT(91 CM)
- Spread3 FT(91 CM)
- Flowering TimeSpring
- Flower ColorWhite
A hardy, multistem deciduous shrub with an upright, spreading habit of growth. Slightly smaller in stature. Large, firm, ruby red, edible berries, with a delicious flavour. Produces fruit from early august until frost. Produces fruit on new growth. Excellent for fresh eating, making jams and jellies, and cooking, and baking. Prune canes to the ground in late fall. Best planted in hedge rows for maximum fruit production. Features green foliage throughout the season, turning to a yellow colour in fall. Higher yields with two varieties.
- Small size shrub
- Fast growth rate
- Yellow fall color
- Sharp thorns
- Produces suckers
- Mass planting
- Naturalization/reclamation/woodlands gardens
- Attracts birds
- Edible fruit
Optimal Growing Conditions:
- Plant in a full sun location
- Prefers average to moist conditions and should not be allowed to dry out
- Somewhat tolerant of urban pollution
- High maintenance
- Best pruned in late winter or early spring once the threat of extreme cold has passed
- Prune canes to the ground after harvesting
There are no reviews for this product.
Write Your Review
You must be logged in to write a review for this product!