Silver BuffaloberryShepherdia argentea
- Height13 FT(4 M)
- Spread10 FT(3 M)
- Sunlight ConditionFull Sun
- Soil ConditionWell Drained to Dry
- Fruit/EdibilityOrnamental Fruit
- Flowering TimeSpring
- Flower ColorWhite
A native, multistem deciduous shrub with an upright, spreading habit of growth. A very tough plant that will grow in the coldest, and dryest areas. Features, narrow, silver, fuzzy foliage throughout the season on thorny branches. Produces small, fragrant yellow flowers in early spring, followed by red, ornamental fruit in late summer to early fall. Smooth brown bark and silver branches give this plant an appealing winter interest. Deer do not particularly care for this plant.
- Large size shrub
- Medium growth rate
- Silver fall color
- Sharp thorns
- General garden use
- Naturalization/reclamation/woodlands gardens
- Produces suckers
- Attracts birds
- Winter interest
- Deer resistant
Optimal Growing Conditions:
- Plant in a full sun location
- Prefers dry to average moisture levels, with very well-drained soil and will not tolerate standing water.
- Tolerant of poor, salty, and alkaline soils
- Highly tolerant of urban pollution and is able to handle environmental salt
- Ocassional maintenance
- Best pruned in late winter or early spring once the threat of extreme cold has passed
There are no reviews for this product.
Write Your Review
You must be logged in to write a review for this product!