Vanilla Strawberry HydrangeaHydrangea paniculata "Renhy"
- Height6 FT(2 M)
- Spread4 FT(1 M)
- Sunlight ConditionFull Sun
- Soil ConditionMoist Well Drained
- Flowering TimeSummer to Fall
- Flower ColorWhite-Pink
A multistem deciduous shrub with an upright, spreading habit of growth. A smaller, more compact form of limelight hydrangea. An early blooming hydrangea, with a longer bloom time than many other hydrangeas. Large, cone-shaped blooms start out creamy white, turn to a soft pink color, then finally a strawberry red once they mature. Blooms from early summer to fall on a strong red stem. Strawberry red bloom color can last up to one month. Make sure to remove spent blooms to encourage new blooms to form. The flowers are excellent for cutting. Features green foliage throughout the season, turning to a yellow color in fall.
- Medium size shrub
- Medium growth rate
- Yellow fall color
- General garden use
- Accent/mass planting
- Cut or dried flowers
Optimal Growing Conditions:
- Plant in a partial sun to full shade location
- Requires average to moist conditions and should not be allowed to dry out
- Consider applying a thick mulch around root zone to insulate in exposed or cooler locations
- Will benefit from being planted in a relatively sheltered location
- Highly tolerant of urban pollution
- Occasional maintenance
- Best pruned in late winter or early spring once the threat of extreme cold has passed
There are no reviews for this product.
Write Your Review
You must be logged in to write a review for this product!