Western Sand CherryPrunus besseyi
- Height5 FT(2 M)
- Spread5 FT(2 M)
- Flowering TimeSpring
- Flower ColorWhite
A hardy, multistem deciduous shrub with a low-growing, rounded, spreading habit. Features grey-green foliage throughout the season, turning to an orange colour in fall. Produces showy, fragrant white blooms in mid-spring and purple-black berries in late summer. Good for making jams. Primarily used as a plum pollinator.
- Medium size shrub
- Medium growth rate
- Orange fall color
- General garden use
- Mass planting
- Plum pollinator
- Attracts birds
- Edible fruit
Optimal Growing Conditions:
- Plant in a full sun location
- Prefers well drained soil, abut can tolerate both dry and moist conditions, and will not tolerate standing water
- Considered to be drought tolerant
- Highly tolerant of urban pollution
- Low maintenance
- Best pruned in late winter or early spring once the threat of extreme cold has passed
There are no reviews for this product.
Write Your Review
You must be logged in to write a review for this product!