Winnipeg Parks RoseRosa "Winnipeg Parks"
- Height3 FT(91 CM)
- Spread2 FT(61 CM)
- Flowering TimeSummer
- Flower ColorPink
A hardy, multistem deciduous shrub with an low-growing, compact, mounding habit of growth. Borderline indestructible. Endless procession of lightly scented, double, bright, cherry red petals with darker red undersides on attractive prickly stems. Blooms from early summer to fall. Floriferous. To encourage re-blooming, dead-heading is recommended. Ideal for small landscapes. Produces an abundance of red hips in mid to late fall. These add a fall interest. Features dark red tipped, dark green foliage throughout the season, turning to a red color in fall. New growth emerges red in spring.
- Small size shrub
- Fast growth rate
- Red fall color
- Sharp thorns
- General garden use
- Accent/mass planting
- Parkland Series since 1990
- Cut or dried flowers
Optimal Growing Conditions:
- Plant in a full sun location
- Prefers average to evenly moist conditions, but will not tolerate standing water
- Somewhat tolerant of urban pollution
- High maintenance
- Best pruned in late winter or early spring once the threat of extreme cold has passed
- Regular pruning and dead-heading required
There are no reviews for this product.
Write Your Review
You must be logged in to write a review for this product!