Bur OakQuercus macrocarpa
- Height50 FT(15 M)
- Spread35 FT(11 M)
- Sunlight ConditionFull Sun to Part Shade
- Soil ConditionMoist Well Drained
This product is not for sale online. Since no two trees are the same we invite you to come into our nursery and see our amazing selection and pick the tree that’s right for you and your location.
The hardiest oak tree. A wide-spreading majestic shade tree with a unique structure and gnarly branching. Best suited for larger landscapes. Dark green foliage throughout the season. Lobed leaves turn to an orange color in fall. Acorns and cork-like, furrowed black bark add an interesting aspect to the landscape. A dense tree with an upright oval form.
- Large size tree
- Medium growth rate
- Orange fall color
- High canopy
- Attracts squirrels
- Native to parts of North America
- Long lived
- Winter interest
Optimal Growing Conditions:
- Plant in a full sun location
- Adaptable to both dry and moist conditions
- Considered to be drought tolerant
- Somewhat tolerant of urban pollution
- Occasional maintenance
- Best pruned in late winter or early spring once the threat of extreme cold has passed
There are no reviews for this product.
Write Your Review
You must be logged in to write a review for this product!