Russian OliveElaeagnus angustifolia
- Height22 FT(7 M)
- Spread15 FT(5 M)
- Sunlight ConditionFull Sun to Part Shade
- Soil ConditionWell Drained to Dry
- Fruit/EdibilityOrnamental Fruit
- Flowering TimeSpring
- Flower Coloryellow
This product is not for sale online. Since no two trees are the same we invite you to come into our nursery and see our amazing selection and pick the tree that’s right for you and your location.
A medium sized tree with true silver foliage all season long. Also features small, fragrant, yellow flowers in late spring and small silver berries in fall. Beware that this tree does have thorns. An excellent choice for hot and dry, windy, or alkaline sites. The peeling brown bark and silver branches add an interesting dimension to the landscape. Has an open rounded form. Deer do not particularly care for this tree.
- Medium size tree
- Medium growth rate
- Silver all-season foliage
- Low canopy
- Fixes nitrogen
- Small, fragrant, yellow flowers
- Sharp thorns
- Deer resistant
Optimal Growing Conditions:
- Plant in a full sun to partial shade
- Requires dry to average moisture levels with very well drained soils and cannot tolerate standing water
- Highly tolerant of urban pollution and is able to handle environmental salt
- Occasional maintenance
- Best pruned in late winter or early spring once the threat of extreme cold has passed
There are no reviews for this product.
Write Your Review
You must be logged in to write a review for this product!