Old Fashioned White Bleeding HeartDicentra spectabilis ’Alba’
- Height3 FT(76 CM)
- Spread3 FT(76 CM)
- Sunlight ConditionShade to Part Shade
- Soil ConditionWell Drained
- Fruit/EdibilityNo Fruit
- Flowering TimeSpring and Fall
- Flower ColorWhite
Also known by latin name: ’Lamprocapnos spectabilis’
A very popular "old fashioned" garden plant. A large bushy mound of powdery green fern-like foliage with arching stems of dangling, heart-shaped whitespring flowers. Attracts hummingbirds and butterflies to the garden and a good cut flower.
- Plant in full sun to part shade location. Needs protection from hot afternoon sun
- Prefers rich soil
- Prefers average to moist. Well drained - do not let dry out
- Medium growth rate
- Often goes dormant mid-summer
- After flowering, shear back to 6" tall to rejuvenate foliage
- Common Concerns: May go dormant in hot summers
Some reports that young leaves may be cooked and eaten in early spring - use caution as it may be toxic.
DISCLAIMER: The information presented here regarding edible/herbal/medicinal uses is for informational purposes only. Always consult a physician or other qualified health professional prior to ingesting any plant not sold expressly for its edibility
There are no reviews for this product.
Write Your Review
You must be logged in to write a review for this product!