Sweet WoodruffAsperula Odorata
Select Size Below for Price
- Height1 FT(30 CM)
- Spread2 FT(46 CM)
- Sunlight ConditionShade to Part Shade
- Soil ConditionMoist Well Drained
- Fruit/EdibilityNo Fruit, Edible Foliage
- Flowering TimeLate Spring
- Flower Colorwhite
Also known as "Sweetscented Bedstraw", and Latin name "Galium Orodata".
A dark green groundcover with aromatic foliage which smells like freshly mown hay when cut or crushed. Produced aromatic dainty white star-shaped flowers in spring. A lovely groundcover to cover spring bulbs that are done flowering. A good cut and dried flower - very aromatic. Rabbits and deer do not particularly care for this plant.
- Prefers partial to full shade
- Likes average soil
- Medium to wet, well drained
- Medium growth rate
- Can be kept under control by spade edging yearly to sever runners.
- Only need to be watered in times of drought.
- Can easily be divided and transplanted, or spread by seed.
- Can be mowed
- Common Concerns: Can be aggressive in optimal conditions. Can go dormant mid-summer in dry/sunny locations
Aromatic foliage intensifies when dried - often used in potpourris, or to flavor teas or cold fruit drinks. Leaves are used to make"May Wine", a punch made from white wine flavored with woodruff and fruit. Widely used for herbal/medicinal purposes both externally and internally. Most commonly used for its tonic, diuretic and anti-inflammatory effect.
DISCLAIMER: The information presented here regarding edible/herbal/medicinal uses is for informational purposes only. Always consult a physician or other qualified health professional prior to ingesting any plant not sold expressly for its edibility
There are no reviews for this product.
Write Your Review
You must be logged in to write a review for this product!