Variegated Bishop’s GoutweedAegopodium podagraria "Variegatum"
- Height1 FT(41 CM)
- Spread5 FT(2 M)
- Sunlight ConditionFull Sun to Part Shade
- Soil ConditionWell Drained
- Fruit/EdibilityNo Fruit, Edible Foliage
- Flowering TimeSpring
- Flower ColorDainty White
A low-growing and fast growing spreading perennial, used as a groundcover. It’s variegated leaves which are light green with creamy white margins, provide nice color and texture in the garden. Flowers are insignificant.
- Plant in full sun to part shade, will tolerate heavy shade
- Best in average, well drained soils - Drought tolerant
- Fast growing
- Low maintenance if in a contained planting and permitted to spread
- Flowers may be removed to prevent self-seeding
- Common Concerns: Spreads by rhizomes (underground stemas) and can be very aggressive. Plants may revert back to the species with all green leaves - to retain variegated form, remove plants that revert.
Foliage may be used as a spring leaf vegetable - picked too late it can have a pungent taste and laxative effect. Historically used to treat Gout and arthritis
DISCLAIMER: The information presented here regarding edible/herbal/medicinal uses is for informational purposes only. Always consult a physician or other qualified health professional prior to ingesting any plant not sold expressly for its edibililty
There are no reviews for this product.
Write Your Review
You must be logged in to write a review for this product!